If you're new to Moodle, here's what we recommend. Actually, even if you've been using Moodle for a while, we still recommend you review this!
- Read this PDF on how to log in to Moodle.
- Once you're able to log in to Moodle, enrol yourself in the Online Learner Success Express (OLSE) course. (No enrolment key required) This course is more for students but will give you a good idea of how things work and what your students will see and experience. You can either browse through the course quickly or take the time to do all of the activities.
- After you've had a look at the OLSE course, enrol yourself in the Online Teaching Success (OTS) Course with Moodle. You will need an enrolment key, which you can request from DLSupport@vcc.ca. (Note: you will automatically be subscribed to the OTS news forum)
- Browse through the structure of the OTS course, to get an idea of what you will learn.
- Check out the VCC Moodle Resources for Faculty (MR4F) shell (also accessible via your My Courses link within Moodle) for all the various resources available to you, including the Moodle Tips & Tricks forum. We encourage you to subscribe to that forum, to be notified whenever there's a new post.
- As soon as you have the time, work through OTS at your own pace. Use the course as a resource anytime you need to look back at a specific topic.
- View/Print this PDF on the many ways you can get help with Moodle.
- Before you close this page, please notice the QUICK LINKS block to the left of this article. It has some useful shortcuts you may need from time to time.
[Browse/Read other "Getting Started" Knowledgebase articles]
Note: Moodle Explorations workshops have been discontinued due to lack of attendance.