KB1131 - Deleting old backup files from the User Private Backup area
Posted by Blair Friesen, Last modified by Blair Friesen on 08 April 2015 02:51 PM
To remove old, uneeded backup files from your User Private Backup area:
- Click on the 'RESTORE' link in the Administration block of ANY course for which you are the teacher or manager.
- Under the User Private Backup files area, click on 'Manage backup files.'
- To ensure you are deleting the correct file, it's best to change the file view. So, over to the far right of the file manager, hover over the middle icon and ensure it's the one that says 'Display folder with file details." Once you have the right icon, click on it. It should change the view so that file save date and times are showing.
- Click on the file you want to delete.
- Confirm the deletion.
- Continue to repeat steps 4 and 5 until you've deleted all of the files you wish to remove.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'Save changes.'
- Look at the file list to confirm that the file you deleted is actually gone.