Warning: Before cleaning out the legacy course files, be sure that they are not linked to from within one or more of your Moodle course pages. To be safe, we advise downloading a zip file of all of the files, in case you discover later that one or more needs to be reloaded to Moodle.
From the Administration block on the main page of your course,
- Click on Legacy course files.
- Click on the [Edit legacy course files] button.
- If you wish to save a copy of all the files before deleting them, click on the download all icon, near the top left of the file manager.
- if you wish to download only certain folders, right-click your mouse on the folder icon and click on zip to create a zip file.
- Click on one of the files you wish to delete. (hint: start with the zip file you just created in step 4, if you did create one)
- If you wish to download the file, click on the Download button to download to your local drive.
- Click on the Delete button and confirm the deletion.
- Continue for all of the files you wish to delete.