A quick and easy way to take a screenshot, if you're using Windows 7 or higher, is by using the built-in Snipping Tool.
- Click Start on you Windows Task Bar
- In the search field, type "snipping tool." You should end up seeing it under the Programs category. To make it easier to find, next time, right-click on it and Pin it to the start menu.
- Left click on it to start the tool.
- Click on the New button, on the tool's menu bar. Your screen will go "foggy," but you'll still be able to see the contents.
- Use the pointer to select the area you want to grab.
- You can Save the file, Copy the file to the clip-board, or add highlighting and lines to the image using the various tools on the menu bar. You can also email it directly, with or without saving a copy, by clicking on the email button. The email will be sent using the default email program on your computer.
You can also use Outlook 2010 for Windows to easily send a screenshot. See KB1145 to find out how.